Social Media Tools to Spread Food Allergy Awareness
The second week of May is a special time of year to educate your family and friends about life with food allergies. Our social media tools let you do this quickly and easily. Change your Facebook cover and profile pictures to spread food allergy awareness. We also have easy-to-share messages and infographics.
<pHow to share images:
Click on an image. Save it to your computer or mobile device. (For desktop computers, right-click and "save as".) Then share the image with your friends and family via social media.
Save and Share These Awareness Ribbons and Profile Pictures:
Change Your Social Media Cover:
Quick Tweets to Spread Food Allergy Awareness:
- A food allergy is when the body's immune system sees a certain food as harmful and reacts against it. Symptoms can be life-threatening. https://ctt.ec/zTa9b+ #FoodAllergyAwarenessWeek via @kfatweets Tweet This
- Nearly 6 million children and more than 26 million adults in the US have food allergies. Food allergies impact every aspect of life, but it doesn't have to define you. You are #morethafoodallergies morethanfoodallergies.org via @kfatweets Tweet This
- Over-the-counter allergy medicine (antihistamines) will not stop anaphylaxis. The first line of treatment for severe allergic reaction is epinephrine. https://ctt.ec/JxecU+ via @kfatweets Tweet This
- Hand sanitizers do not remove food proteins. Use soap and water or wipes to clean hands and surfaces. https://ctt.ec/Hbl2E+ #morthanfoodallergies via @kfatweets Tweet This
- Managing food allergies means you have to carefully read all labels, every time, even on non-food items. Ingredients can and do change. https://ctt.ec/cLQEW+ #morethanfoodallergies via @kfatweets Tweet This
- The FDA requires the top 8 allergens - milk, egg, peanut, tree nut, soy, wheat, crustacean shellfish and fish - in the US to be declared by common name on food labels. https://ctt.ec/HeucR+ via @kfatweets Tweet This
Help us teach others about food allergies and how to keep kids safe with our easy-to-share food allergy facts. Check back for new images during May! Here's some of our most popular images: